With AirPods or Beats wireless headphones, two people can listen to the same iPhone or iPad at the same time. Your children won’t have to engage in the unsanitary practice of sharing earbuds, and you will be able to converse with your partner without being overheard.
You need a supported pair of wireless headphones and an Apple device that supports iOS 14 or later for this feature to function. This calls for an iPad fifth generation or later, an iPhone 8 or later, and AirPods.
ALSO READ: Over 6 million MTN customers have not registered their SIM cards, according to MTN Ghana.
How to connect two headphones to an Apple device is shown here.
- Play the media you want to share by pairing your Beats or AirPods with your iOS device.
- On your iPhone or iPad’s Control Center, Lock Screen, or in the app you’re using to stream music or video content, tap the AirPlay button.
- Select Share Audio.
- If you’re sharing with someone who owns a pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro, ask them to keep them in the case and open the lid while they’re near your Apple device.
- The AirPods Max that you’re sharing don’t need to be in the case if you have them. Put those Beats in more sharing mode and keep them close to your device if you’re sharing with someone who uses Beats.
- The headphones from your friend or relative should show up on your screen.
- Again, tap Share Audio.
Simply tap the checkmark next to the headphones you want to disconnect from content sharing.
Note: If audio sharing doesn’t function, it could be that your equipment or headphones aren’t compatible. This is what you require:
- iPhone 8 and later
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) and later
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Air (3rd generation) and later
- iPad mini (5th generation) and later
- iPad (5th generation) and later
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Compatible headphones include:
- AirPods Max
- AirPods Pro
- AirPods (1st generation) and later
- Solo Pro
- Powerbeats Pro
- Powerbeats3 Wireless
- Beats Solo3 Wireless
- Beats Studio3 Wireless
- Beats Flex
- Beats Fit Pro